Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What's For Dinner?

I discovered a recipe site through Fly Lady called savingdinner.com. You can sign up for weekly recipes for 6 meals. They even give you your shopping list. I downloaded the free trial and I love it! None of the ingredients are exotic and all of the meals seem pretty easy to make. Also if you use their suggested sides you seem to get at least two veggies with every meal. They use a variety of meats. I don't like fish, but John does so I guess I'll have to tough it out at least one night a week. Anyways, I used the shopping list today and I found everything easily (except for Cajun Spice) and my grocery bill wasn't any higher than normal. Tonight I made Feta Lemon Chicken with Zuccinni and it was yummy! I don't have a picture of my finished product, but it was pretty. I'm not sure if I gave Jacob too much food or he just didn't like the potatoes because here's what he did with his plate when he was done:


"I didn't throw that plate on the floor!"


I also thought Johnny looked so cute tonight so here are some pictures of him:


He looks like a wannabe gangster or something with his shorts down low and his diaper sticking out.

I better go get ready for Bible study!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! (Both of 'em!) That sounds so good (your dinner) can I have the recipe??? Post it! And, that would be why Shelby doesn't get a plate. (It doesn't keep the food off the floor, though! LOL!)

Hey - I responded to your question on my blog...

Meli_Mama said...

I don't think I can post the recipe. The site actually charges for the recipes. They send out weekly mailers and they say on there that copying is not allowed. :( But if you go to the site you can get a free trial (they don't make you put in a CC) and that recipe should be on there.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I forgot that you said you got it off their site - I'll go look there! Thanks!