Cooking With Wine
I decided to sign up for the weekly mailer from SavingDinner.com. It's $9.95 for 3 months. I know I could just search the web for recipes and create my own shopping list, but I've tried that in the past and it doesn't work for me. I was a little disappointed when I got my first list of recipes and two of them had a white wine sauce. I don't keep alcohol in my house even for cooking. I've looked for substitutes in the past and have used either broth or water but the meals have been bland. I was excited though to see that on the recipes they suggested a substitute of white grape juice with a splash of apple cider vinegar. I can't wait to try this and see how it tastes
Got to Keep them Separated
This morning Johnny was excited when I pulled out his tool box for him to play with. The excitement turned to frustration when Jacob kept walking off with the tools. We have glass French doors on our Christmas Tree Room (now that the tree is down I should call it the den). So I had Johnny go in there and close the door so he could play by himself. He was so happy. Jacob went up to the glass a few times, but never fussed to go in. Also the handles on the doors are hard to turn (Johnny can barely do it) so it'll be awhile before Jacob can go in there on his own.
Bananas
Almost every day the boys get bananas for breakfast. I always peel and cut them up before I put them on their plates. About an hour after breakfast Johnny spotted the bananas on the counter and wanted another one. I let him pull the banana from the bunch and showed him how to peel it and eat it whole. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. I love seeing him learn new things.



3 comments:
Re: the wine - I have and use White/Red Wine Vinegar...I don't know if you're opposed to that. It's in the same section as the Balsamic/Apple Cider Vinegar.
Titus is at the point now where he has to pick the banana off of the cluster. He enjoys doing the whole ritual, too. :) Watch out that Johnny doesn't ever try and eat the peel - one day Titus did that and left the banana. (This was 1 1/2 yrs. ago.) I called poison control and they assured me that it was ok.
Do you use the same about of the vinegar as the recipe calls for the wine? I'm not opposed to wine vinegar. Even though it's made from wine, no alcohol remains after it is processed. I know that most people say that alcohol cooks out when you use it, but that's not true.
That is hilarious about Titus eating the banana peel! Did I ever tell you that I called poison control because I caught Johnny with a cricket hanging out of his mouth when he was 6 months old?
I would guess so - or however much apple cider vinegar you would substitute - was it the same amount?
And re: the cricket - EW.....
Post a Comment