We went out last Saturday and bought Johnny a Big Boy Bed. I'm afraid that any day now Jacob will decide to climb out of his crib. We were lucky with Johnny because his crib converted into a toddler bed so it was not big deal when he decided he was too big for his crib. We had toyed around with the idea of getting the boys bunk beds, but I'm just not ready to deal with ladders yet. So we just bought Johnny a basic twin size bed in a plain metal frame - no head board. Then we will move Jacob into Johnny's toddler bed. I found the cutest sheets online at Target that come in twin and toddler sizes. So Jacob and Johnny will have matching sheets and comforters. Yea! Before Johnny was born we had painted his room half green half yellow and put up a border with baby animals in the middle. Well that is just too babyish for my "big boys". So last night I started taking down the border. It was easier than I thought. I went out to Home Depot today and got some paint samples. So looks like we'll be painting on Saturday. I'll post more pictures once we get the beds set up and the walls painted. Next project - turning the play room into a nursery.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Big Boy Bed
We went out last Saturday and bought Johnny a Big Boy Bed. I'm afraid that any day now Jacob will decide to climb out of his crib. We were lucky with Johnny because his crib converted into a toddler bed so it was not big deal when he decided he was too big for his crib. We had toyed around with the idea of getting the boys bunk beds, but I'm just not ready to deal with ladders yet. So we just bought Johnny a basic twin size bed in a plain metal frame - no head board. Then we will move Jacob into Johnny's toddler bed. I found the cutest sheets online at Target that come in twin and toddler sizes. So Jacob and Johnny will have matching sheets and comforters. Yea! Before Johnny was born we had painted his room half green half yellow and put up a border with baby animals in the middle. Well that is just too babyish for my "big boys". So last night I started taking down the border. It was easier than I thought. I went out to Home Depot today and got some paint samples. So looks like we'll be painting on Saturday. I'll post more pictures once we get the beds set up and the walls painted. Next project - turning the play room into a nursery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment