
Before Johnny was born I told my mom and sister that there would be no Barney in our house. The show just annoyed me. When my nephew, Nick, was born when I was 18 and still living at home. My mom watched him while my sister worked so I spent a lot of time with the little guy. He was a very fussy baby and the only thing that seemed to calm him down was either walking around carrying him on his stomach or Barney. We all went up to Washington for two weeks when Nick was about 9 months old. My sister brought along two Barney videos and we watched them over and over and over and over. Hence, the annoyance of Barney. Well I realized today that my favorite sound during the day is the Barney theme song at noon. Not because the kids really watch it or because I've learned to like the show, but because it means that it is almost nap time. Ah, naptime! The best time of day. :) So Barney, I guess you are allowed into my house. :)



2 comments:
Hannah was a huge Barney fan then when Josh came alog he wasn't so fond of the big purple dinasour, I am not a fan of Barney either so I was quite happy when Joshua didn't want to watch Barney.
We have been blessed so far that only 1 out of our 4 liked Barney! Niccolas LOVED him! In fact, still today, when he goes over to Grandmas he likes to watch her Barney movies!
Post a Comment