Friday, July 25, 2008

My Homeschool Curriculum Schedule

Since my post last night I have been poring over the Sonlight catalog and thinking about all the other curriculum that I want to use in addition to Sonlight (Math, Handwriting, Phonics). So in order to get my brain wrapped around what will work for my kids I decided to do a schedule.





Yes I even added Baby. :) I'll probably have to adjust Baby's core if he/she gets a younger sibling. :) I was excited to see that by Core 3 Johnny and Jacob will be using the same readers and language arts. So at that point their only difference will be in Math and Handwriting. I'm not sure what to do after core 6 though. If I keep them on the same core schedule then Johnny will graduate high school after Core 400 and miss the Core 530 which is Survey of British Literature. Oh well that's years and years away. I'll probably not even be using Sonlight anymore. :) It seems that most homeschoolers change their curriculum a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!! I'm not the only one!!!! Looks like fun for your kiddos! :) You never know - Sonlight is pretty popular and it sounds like people use it for a long time. :) Maybe you can fit the British Lit course in there in the summer(s) somewhere - I think that class sounds interesting.

Meli_Mama said...

Monica you are so smart! We don't have to do all the books in the Brit Lit class at once! Once they get into High School we can do a few each summer! That makes me think of something else. There's a couple of money stewardship curriculum's out there that I would want to do as their math for one year, but if I do that then they won't reach Calculus in High School. So I could just break those down and do them over summers as well. I don't fear Calculus like some people since in High School I scored a 4 on the AP test and then got a B at college for second semester calc. I don't know if I want to teach it though. I want to look into having them take it at the community college, if they can get college credit for it.

Anonymous said...

yeah....or maybe we could do a co-op and you could teach all of our kids it! LOL! I'll teach.....um....how about baking? :)