Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy Night

Last night we kicked off the birthday season with my dad's birthday. We went out for Mexican food at Valle Luna:


Then when we got home I gave Myanna a bath while Jacob watched Johnny's old potty video. When I was done I walked past the bathroom and there was Jacob stripped from the waist down sitting on his potty that he'd dug out from the laundry room. I had bought both boys the exact potties from the video when I was training Johnny. To my surprise he had gone in his potty! Woo Hoo! So Myanna got to participate in the first "Jakey went pee-pee in the potty" dance. :)


Later on, we read some stories before bedtime. Jacob had picked an alphabet book (Aa Apple picture of an apple, etc.). We were to the Tts when Johnny asked me to "count the numbers in that one" pointing to the word. I told him that I could spell it for him. As I was pointing to each letter and saying it's name, it was like I could see a light bulb go off over his head and hear him think "ohhhhh so those letters put together make the thing that Mommy says when she points to it". Of course I spelled the rest of the book. :)

No comments: